Donna Johnson`s Review of THE WEEPING SANDS

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Historical Fiction Novel!!!!!, October 13, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Weeping Sands (Kindle Edition)
"The Weeping Sands" is weaved into 3 different narratives - 17th century, 19th century, and present day. I thought the way this author did it was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite parts was the court trial back in 1831. I bit my nails as I read the outcome! The complexity and careful detail of long ago made me feel like I was really back in time. The dialogue and narration pulled me into the scenes. Just brilliant.

I think I identified with Jenna the most. She's a strong, independent woman. I thought it was funny how her mom always asks if she's going to ever get married and have kids. But she isn't because she has her personal reasons. Jenna was very likable and I connected with her immediately. Jenna Shaw has been offered to be on a show called, "What's My Lineage?" She'll go back to an old mansion and she'll get exposure on national television for a straight hour. We also go back centuries and meet Thomas Cheadle and Isobel Harcourt. The way this author intertwines all three stories is brilliant. I was never confused and enjoyed the way Wheatley entertained me on this wonderful journey into time.

This was a beautiful historical novel set in set in Anglesey, North Wales. It's beautifully written and kept me glued to the pages. I would recommend this fantastic read to everyone and purchase more books from this author.

A stunning, powerful novel that is definitely worth my 5 stars! The Weeping Sands is a wonderful book for any lover of historical fiction.

Comments

Popular Posts